In-Store Pickup FAQ
How it Works
- Is there a maximum value for an online order?
Yes, currently we have a $200 limit on all types of online orders, if you need assistance with larger order, please contact us here
- What is Smart & Final In-Store Pickup?
Smart & Final offers in-store pickup in select markets. Depending on your location, this service option will appear when items are added to your cart.
- What is the difference between Smart & Final in-store pickup and other third-party marketplaces?
In-store pickup is only offered through SmartandFinal.com.
- Is there a minimum online order amount to qualify for in-store pickup at SmartandFinal.com?
There is a $100 order minimum.
- Are there any fees associated with in-store pickup fees on SmartandFinal.com?
In-store pickup is free; however, the minimum order value must be met.
- What types of pickup windows are offered?
Next-day pickup windows are available from 3 – 6PM.
Pricing & Promotions
- Do you offer in-store pricing online?
Our online pricing is store specific and varies by location.
- Are in-store promotions honored online?
Depending on the promotion, all final applicable discounts will appear on your receipt.
- Can I use my tax exemption discount on online orders?
Yes, Smart & Final customers who qualify for tax exemption status may apply their discount online. To apply for tax exemption, click here.
- Will digital coupons apply to online orders?
Digital coupon discounts will be applied once payment has been fully processed.
Out-of-Stocks & Replacements
- Who will process my store pickup order through SmartanFinal.com?
Your order will be processed by your local store team.
- What type of communication will I receive regarding my order?
Once an order is placed, you will receive the following updates via text or email:
- Order confirmation
- SMS text alert
- Order completion
- Payment processing
- Are items listed on your website guaranteed to be available in store?
Inventory is not guaranteed and varies by store. A personal shopper will notify you if there are any of out-of-stock items in your order and provide possible substitutions.
Payments, Refunds & Cancelations
- What forms of payment are accepted for store pickup orders?
We accept all major credit and debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. No checks, EBT, WIC, gift cards, or S&F check cards.
- May I tip my shopper?
Gratuity can be added at checkout and begins at 5%.
- Why is there a preauthorization hold on my card?
When you order is placed, your financial institution will put an authorization hold on your card to confirm the card is valid. This is done for your protection. The hold will be your estimated order total plus approximately 20%, to cover any additional add-ons or substitutions. Each bank has different timelines on releasing the hold but may take up to 7 business days for it to clear. For additional information, please contact your financial institution.
- When will I receive my final receipt?
Your final order receipt will be in your order history section of <<your account>>. When payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to your digital receipt.
- How can I request a refund?
Refunds are available for orders that were late, over-charged, containing broken/spoiled items, or were missing. Please reach out to our Online Support team for help processing your refund. We offer assistance via chat or email.
- How do I cancel an order?
The fastest way to cancel your order is to contact us directly. When contacting our Online Support team, please have your order number ready and indicate that you would like your order canceled.