What is your return policy?
Your satisfaction is important to us! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund or exchange. Proof of purchase and form of ID are required for returns. Some restrictions may apply to seasonal merchandise, equipment product returns, and purchases made with a check.
Refunds will be processed in the same method as your original payment (cash, credit, Smart & Final Charge Card, or Gift Card).
Any items without a receipt in which the value exceeds $5.00 will be credited to a Smart & Final Gift Card.
Can I return holiday or seasonal items?
Holiday or seasonal merchandise may be returned if the customer has the receipt and if:
- Holiday merchandise is returned at least two days before the holiday;
- Seasonal merchandise, such as summertime items, are returned prior to markdown or closeout; or
- The merchandise is not defective as a result of abuse or misuse.
Can I return appliances/equipment purchased at Smart & Final?
Defective appliances can be exchanged within 14 days of purchase with an original Smart & Final receipt.
Can I return items purchased with a check?
Items purchased by check may be returned for a cash refund. Restrictions or a check-clearing period may apply.
Can I return alcohol?
Returns or exchanges of alcoholic beverages are up to the discretion of the store manager. According to federal law, all alcohol sales are final except in the instance where the alcoholic beverage was spoiled, deteriorated, contaminated or otherwise unfit for human consumption. In these instances, items may be exchanged for an identical item.
What is your Price Scan Guarantee policy?
We guarantee that the price you are charged at the register will match the shelf or published price. If you are charged a price higher than the shelf or published price, you may receive the item at no charge (limit one of each item; liquor and dairy products are excluded).
What is your coupon policy?
- Smart & Final gladly accepts manufacturer coupons and Smart & Final coupons that adhere to the coupon restrictions below:
- Limit one manufacturer coupon per eligible item purchased
- Limit one store coupon per eligible item purchased
- Limit one manufacturer and one store coupon used for the same eligible item
- Limit five coupons for “Free” items per transaction
- Customer is responsible for any taxes, CRV and other deposit fees incurred through the purchase of a “Free” coupon item
- Coupons may not be used on items advertised as “Free” or BOGO (Buy One Get One)
- All coupons must have an expiration date and must be used before coupon expires
- Coupon value cannot exceed the price of the item
- Photocopies of coupons are not accepted
- Coupons cannot be applied on a previously purchased item
- Items must be purchased in the sizes and/or quantities specified on the coupon
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the coupon and cannot be redeemed for cash or cash value equivalent
- Competitors’ store coupons are not accepted
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash or cash value equivalent
- Coupons that involve a Free or BOGO (Buy One Get One) item are not accepted
- Coupons that are blurry, out of proportion, or do not scan are not accepted
- Coupons that are printed must have a serial number, a value that does not exceed $5.00, valid statement of reimbursement, valid expiration date, and a scannable barcode