Your satisfaction is important to us! If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund or exchange. Some restrictions apply. Proof of purchase and I.D. are necessary. Certain restrictions may apply to seasonal merchandise, equipment product returns, and purchases made with a check.
Refunds will be processed in the same method as your original payment, i.e. Cash, Credit Card, Smart and Final Charge Card, or Gift Card.
Any items without a receipt in which the value exceeds $5 will be credited on a Smart & Final Gift Card.
Holiday/Seasonal merchandise may be returned if the customer has the receipt and:
- Holiday merchandise is returned at least two days before the holiday
- Seasonal merchandise, such as summertime items, are returned prior to markdown or closeout
- The merchandise is not defective as a result of abuse or misuse
Defective appliances can be exchanged within 14 days of purchase with original Smart & Final receipt.
Items purchased by check may be returned for a cash refund, however restrictions or a check clearing waiting period may apply.
According to federal law, all alcohol sales are final except in the instance where the alcoholic beverage was spoiled, deteriorated, contaminated, or otherwise unfit for human consumption. In this situation, the item can be exchanged for an identical item.
Smart & Final is not required to accept a return or make an exchange of alcoholic beverages, the decision is discretionary to the store manager.
We guarantee that the price you are charged at the register will match the shelf price or the published price. If you are charged a higher price than the shelf price or published price, you will receive the item free (limit one of each item; liquor and dairy products are excluded).
Customers can receive a rain check on advertised items if they are out of stock, simply ask one of our associates to help you. Some exclusions apply.
Rain check exclusions include ad items that state “while supplies last”, clearance items, and Manager Specials.
Rain checks are valid for sixty days after the date they were issued and may be redeemed at any of our store locations.
Smart & Final gladly accepts Manufacturers coupons and Smart & Final coupons that adhere to the coupon restrictions below.
- Limit of one Manufacturer coupon per eligible item purchased
- Limit of one store coupon per eligible item purchased
- Limit of one manufacturer and one store coupon can be used on the same eligible item
- Limit of five coupons for “Free” items per transaction. Customer is responsible for any taxes, CRV and other deposit fees incurred through the purchase of a “Free” coupon item.
- Coupons may not be used on items that are advertised as Free or BOGO (Buy One Get One)
- All coupons must have an expiration date and must be used before coupon expires
- Coupon value cannot exceed the price of the item
- Photocopies of coupons are not accepted
- Coupons cannot be applied on a previously purchased item
- Items must be purchased in the sizes and/or quantities specified on the coupon
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the coupon and cannot be redeemed for cash or cash value equivalent
- Competitors’ store coupons are not accepted
- Coupons cannot be redeemed for cash or cash value equivalent
- Internet coupons that involve a Free or BOGO (Buy One Get One) item are not accepted
- Internet coupons that are blurry, out of proportion, or do not scan are not accepted
- Internet printed coupons must have a serial number, a value that does not exceed $5.00, valid statement of reimbursement, valid expiration date, and a scannable barcode
Any in-store filming must first be approved by the Store Support Center to protect the privacy and liability of our customers and associates. If you are interested in filming inside a Smart & Final store, please email [email protected]