Same-Day Delivery FAQ
How it Works
- What is Smart & Final Same-Day Delivery?
Smart & Final offers same-day delivery from any of our 254 stores. To start shopping, sign up or log in to your Smart & Final account and add items to your cart.
- What’s the differences between Smart & Final Delivery and other third-party marketplaces?
SmartandFinal.com offers our customers the same in-store shopping experience, everyday low prices and promotions.
- Is there a minimum online order amount to qualify for delivery at SmartandFinal.com?
Yes, there is $35 order minimum.
- Are there any delivery fees on SmartandFinal.com?
Orders via SmartandFinal.com have a flat delivery fee of a $9.99.
- How long will it take to deliver my order?
We offer same-day delivery with a two-hour delivery window. Delivery times vary by store and personal shopper availability.
- Can the SmartandFinal.com support large orders?
Yes, Smart & Final can accommodate large orders. Visit our Large Order Delivery FAQ for information. Large orders have longer lead times, available delivery windows will be 4 days in advance and orders will be completed by our local store team and delivered by a third-party partner.
Pricing & Promotions
- Do you offer in-store pricing online?
Our online pricing is store specific and varies by location.
- Are in-store promotions honored online?
Depending on the promotion, all final applicable discounts will appear on your receipt.
- Can I use my tax exemption discount on online orders?
Yes, Smart & Final customers who qualify for tax exemption status may apply their discount online. To apply for tax exemption, click here.
- Will digital coupons apply to online orders?
Yes, digital coupon offers will not reflect on checkout/order submission but will reflect once payment has been fully processed.
Out of Stocks and Replacements
- Who will fulfill my same-day delivery order through SmartandFinal.com?
Your order will be sent to an Instacart shopper to fulfill and deliver.
- What type of communication will I receive about my order?
Once an order is placed, you will receive the following updates via text or email:
- Order confirmation
- SMS text alert
- Order completion
- Payment processing
Are items listed online guaranteed to be available? Inventory is not guaranteed and varies by store. A personal shopper will notify you if there are any of out-of-stock items in your order and provide possible substitutions.
Payments, Refunds & Cancelations
- What forms of payment are accepted for online orders?
For online orders, Smart & Final accepts all major credit cards (i.e. Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover). No checks, EBT, WIC, gift cards, or S&F Check Card are accepted.
- May I tip my personal shopper?
Yes, tips may be applied at checkout. The default tip begins at 5% but the tip option can be removed.
- Why is there a preauthorization hold on my card?
When you order is placed, your financial institution will place an authorization hold on your card to confirm the card is valid and for your protection. The hold will amount to your estimated order total plus approximately 20% to cover any additional add-ons or substitutions. Each bank has different timelines on releasing the hold but may take it up to 7 business days for it to clear. For additional information, please contact your financial institution.
- When will I receive my final receipt?
Your final receipt will be in the order history section of <<your account>>. When payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email to your account containing a link to your digital receipt.
- How can I request a refund?
Refunds are available for orders that were late, over-charged, containing broken/spoiled items, or were missing. Please reach out to our Online Support team for help processing your refund. We offer assistance via chat or email.
- How do I cancel an order?
The fastest way to cancel your order is to contact us directly. When contacting our Online Support team, please have your order number ready and indicate that you would like your order canceled.