Large Order Delivery FAQ
How it Works
- What is Smart & Final large order delivery?
Smart & Final offers large order delivery from select stores. To start shopping, sign up or log in to your Smart & Final account and add items to your cart. Large orders are determined by the size of each item and quantiles in the order, if your order qualifies for large order delivery your order will default to a 4-day lead time.
- What’s the difference between large order delivery and other third-party marketplaces?
Our team can process large quantities that may require extended lead times to complete and transport via larger delivery vehicles.
- Is there a minimum online order amount to qualify for delivery at SmartandFinal.com?
Yes, there is $35 order minimum.
- Are there any delivery fees on SmartandFinal.com?
Orders on SmartandFinal.com have a flat delivery fee of a $9.99
- How long will it take to deliver my order?
If your order qualifies as a large order, you may see a 4-day lead time and 4-hour delivery window (8 AM – 12 PM or 1 – 5 PM PST).
Pricing & Promotions
- Do you offer in-store pricing online?
Our online pricing is store specific and varies by location.
- Are in-store promotions honored online?
Depending on the promotion, all final applicable discounts will appear on your receipt.
- Can I use my tax exception discount on online orders?
Yes, Smart & Final customers who qualify for tax exemption status may apply their discount online. To apply for tax exemption, click here.
- Will digital coupons apply to online orders?
Digital coupon discounts will be applied once payment has been fully processed.
Out of Stocks & Replacements
- Who will process my same-day delivery order through SmartandFinal.com?
Your order will be sent to your local store and a third-party logistics team will complete the delivery to your home or business.
- What type of communication will I receive regarding my order?
Once an order is placed, you will receive the following updates via text or email:
- Order confirmation
- SMS text alert
- Order completion
- Payment processing
- Are items listed online guaranteed to be available in store?
Inventory is not guaranteed and varies by store. A personal shopper will notify you if there are any of out-of-stock items in your order and provide possible substitutions.
Payments, Refunds & Cancelations
- What forms of payment are accepted for online orders?
We accept all major credit and debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover. No checks, EBT, WIC, or gift cards, or S&F.
- May I tip my Shopper?
We do not offer a tip option for large orders
- Why is there a preauthorization hold on my card?
When your order is placed, your financial institution will place an authorization hold on your card to confirm the card is valid and for your protection. The hold will amount to your estimated order total plus approximately 20% to cover any additional add-ons or substitutions. Each bank has different timelines on releasing the hold but may take it up to 7 business days for it to clear. For additional information, please contact your financial institution.
- When will I receive my final receipt?
Your final receipt will be in the order history section of <<your account>>. When payment has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to your digital receipt.
- How can I request a refund?
Refunds are available for orders that were late, over-charged, containing broken/spoiled items, or were missing. Please reach out to our Online Support team for help processing your refund. We offer assistance via chat or email.
- How do I cancel an order?
The fastest way to cancel your order is to contact us directly. When contacting our Online Support team, please have your order number ready and indicate that you would like your order canceled.