Warehouse & DSD Accounting Clerk
Warehouse & DSD Accounts Payable - Commerce, CA
March 1, 2017
This position reports to the Inventory Accounting Manager and will reconcile invoices for purchase orders and receiving documents for payment and posting to the AP/general ledger accounts. Performs all checks distribution and purchase order filing/scanning for the warehouse payable function. Also, provide clerical support to the store DSD payable accounting function.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires strong accounting and accounts payable reconciliation skills. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reconciles Accounts Payable records to general ledger accounts.
- Matches invoices to payment records and reconciles cost differences to ensure correct payment amount. Mails checks and attachments.
- Works with vendors and Category Managers to reconcile and resolve all outstanding account balances, payment differences and other item and cost issues.
- Reviews paperwork for irregularities i.e., incorrect payment date, amounts and addresses. Also audits for shortages, off invoice allowances, pricing differences, extended terms and receiving corrections.
- Maintains files on paid invoices and files outstanding purchase orders chronologically. Monitors documents stored off of the premises. Coordinates retrieval from storage if necessary.
- Sorts and distributes mail to appropriate clerks.
- Photocopies invoices and checks as required for auditing purposes.
- Enters various deductions and paybacks to the Accounts Payable System.
- Audits and uploads Cash & Carry Division DSD invoices to Accounts Payable system for payment.
- Approves Electronic Funds Transfers on line for both Warehouse and DSD AP departments.
- Interacts with stores, DSD vendors and other departments (as needed) to research problems and correct errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have basic PC skills and be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must have the ability to learn other system applications as needed.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application