Sr.Clerk, Accounts Payable - Commerce, CA
September 7, 2017
This position reports to the Manager, Accounts Payable and Rebates and provides support to the corporate expense payable accounting function via invoice processing, matching invoices from MHC invoice imaging system to the Lawson accounting system and performs period close duties which include but are not limited to: recording journal entries, preparing and analyzing accruals, and direct expense review.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires strong accounting reconciliation skills. Strong PC skills and the ability to utilize spreadsheets are preferred. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews invoices for proper authorization and account coding according to established company policy/delegation of Authority Matrix
- Scans invoice documentation and attaches support to the Lawson payment record created
- Researches and corrects payment errors and posts them to proper general ledger account.
- Interacts with stores, vendors and other departments as needed to research problems and correct errors.
- Supports the period end close process, which may include the preparation of journal entries, research and analysis for the direct expense review, account reconciliations, and other tasks.
- Provides audit support to both internal and external auditors.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Must have, at minimum, basic PC skills and ability to utilize Microsoft spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Ability to learn and understand a variety of other accounting system applications including Lawson, TM1, and MHC.
- Must have the ability to translate data to accounting entries.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application