Corporate Procurement (Commerce, CA)
July 20, 2017
This position reports directly to the Vice President-Corporate Procurement and is responsible for managing specific private label categories and all private label facets of business within the assigned categories.
Candidates for this position must have a bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4-year college or university; two years relevant experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have strong leadership, analytical, and interpersonal skills, along with communication skills both oral and written. Store experience a plus. Retail Management Certificate desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiates with vendors for all components of private label vendors and products.
- Determine supplier source for respective private label categories.
- Negotiate all aspects of vendor relationship, including product cost, terms, supply chain parameters. Work with Strategic Sourcing Department on Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Work with suppliers to determine product specification. Coordinate with Quality Assurance Department.
- Work with category managers to generate new items that contribute sales and margin to the category. Work with Private Label Marketing Department on packaging development.
- Interface with the category manager team by participating in category reviews and analysis. This includes space management, marketing, operations, pricing and merchandising.
- Maintains awareness in market trends and analyzes market data from IRI, Nielsen and other reliable sources. Visits competitive retail stores on a regular basis.
- Stays updated on all competitive situations for key items and reacts when necessary.
- Ability to analyze external and internal data, interpret and make decisions and recommendations to management based off of this data.
- Audits competitive product selection, displays and pricing through on-site visits.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Proficiency in Power Point, Outlook and Word.
- Advanced in Excel (spreadsheets).
- High attention to detail.
- Must be able to develop, format and share spreadsheets for purposes of analysis.
- Knowledge of Access or similar relational database is desirable.
- Experience with supply chain, cost, pricing and product performance systems.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application