Part-Time Person in Charge
District 11 (cc408 Ontario)
August 31, 2017
This position reports to the Meat Lead and is responsible for the consistent and timely implementation of company meat sales and merchandising programs, and the maintenance of high standards of freshness/quality and cleanliness, during all hours of operation including weekends. They will work closely with the store management team, particularly the Meat Merchandising Manager, to insure that the meat department is properly staffed and trained. Performance will be measured through financial reports including sales, gross margin, shrink control, and maintenance of standards.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least three years related store operations experience including two or more years as a Journeyman Meat Cutter. The candidate must take and pass the “Food Protection Manager Certification Class and Examination. Successful completion of the S&F Perishables classes is also required. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Able to cut, process, and merchandise all Beef and Pork primals. Cut and process fresh poultry and seafood.
- Understands the importance of Food Safety and follows all food safety processes and procedures
- Provides hands-on training for associates assigned to the Meat Department in areas such as; product display techniques, production rotation, and proper ordering.
- Assess the quality of incoming product and follows up with Meat Merchandising Manager or District Merchandiser if quality does not meet Company standards.
- Assesses the condition of in-store displays/fixtures and if not up to company standard, follow up with Meat Merchandising Manager or District Merchandiser.
- Sets up the meat case and ensures adherence with Company Meat merchandising programs.
- Able to order product quantities from various fresh meat vendors based upon the company marketing plan, seasonality, customer mix, and historical store performance.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Journeyman Meat Cutter status
- Ability to operate meat saws, grinders, and wrapping equipment
- Ability to conduct meat cutting tests
- Ability to move/lift 60 pounds
- Strong communication skill, both written and verbal
- Basic PC skills, Outlook
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Deadline: Thursday, September 7, 2017
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.