Manager, Business Development
Marketing - Commerce, CA
This position reports to the VP-Communications & Community Relations and leads Business & Community Representatives and Regional Growth Representatives teams in order to drive business sales engagement and growth within business and community (nonprofit) customer segments, as well as drive new store growth. Success will be measured by achieving set targets for business penetration, overall business sales, customer satisfaction and new store opening performance. Manager will work closely with corporate office to ensure that field team is executing upon organizational goals in a manner that aligns with brand and corporate strategy.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with 3 to 5 years of experience in field marketing/sales leadership role. Retail and sales background is highly desirable, with grocery experience a plus. Must have moderate to high level of experience working directly with business clients and/or community leaders.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Acquisition of new customers through partnership and engagement with local chambers, business and community leaders.
- Strengthens relationships with existing customers by implementing programs/efforts that encourage increased shopping frequency, higher spending per visit, and/or greater lifetime profitability per customer.
- Manages all mid-tier (sales) customers within the business and community group segment
- Aligns team with applicable strategies set forth by Vice President of Business Development and actively involved in the cross-functional team he/she leads.
- Monitors and reviews travel expenses to ensure accurate accounting.
- Oversees and monitors Regional Growth Representatives as it relates to new store openings as well as business preview events so as to ensure an effective and profitable opening.
- Reviews and analyzes daily and weekly reports to monitor and improve new stores weekly business penetration.
- Ensures execution of broad marketing programs and initiatives at the local level.
- Monitors and reports on business and community trends and landscape including competition, market economics and demographic insights
- Routinely provides reporting on business/organization customer performance metrics to management team
- Relays all sponsorship, philanthropic and community support opportunities to PR team and executes approved actions on behalf of company
- Responsible for managing Salesforce and content associated with communications to the BCR and RGR teams
- Responsible managing input of Smart Advantage business sign-ups to ensure business and organization purchases are tracked and analyzed
- Responsible for overseeing district and regional budgets as they relate to business accounts
- Routinely provides reporting on business/organization customer performance metrics to management team.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency MS Office programs – Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application