Supply Chain (Commerce D.C.)
August 31, 2017
This position assists the Maintenance Manager and department with specialized clerical work in coordinating functions for dispatch and maintenance of equipment, and procurement of equipment and supplies for all facilities in our distribution network.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Two (2) years of related clerical experience in dispatching or maintenance; or any equivalent combination of directly related training and experience. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Gather, input, retrieve and maintain maintenance information in both computer and manual systems
- Provide general clerical work to ensure the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department including filing, photocopying, faxing, and ordering of supplies/parts as directed
- Create PO’s, work orders, vendor proposals and invoices
- Assist with and/or prepare inventory control materials, invoices, receipts and contracts
- Prepare summary reports of maintenance costs
- Research and analyze product cost, availability, vendor options, and freight charges for purchasing of maintenance materials
- Prepare all purchase requisitions, coordinate and expedite approvals as required, maintain all budgetary records and provide follow-up action with accounting, buyers, vendors, requestors and receiving
- Maintain all files and inventory records of all orders placed and received including delivery time schedules
- Assist with up-to-date record keeping of materials used to ensure minimum stock levels are maintained
- Maintain all maintenance related invoice and payment record for all facilities
- Coordinate all supply ordering and pallet supplies for all facilities
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Personal computer skills including MS Office programs.
- Ability to maintain complex records and to assemble and organize data.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application