Full-time Truck Driver
This position reports to the Transportation Operations Manager and is responsible for operating a tractor and trailer of more than 26,000 lbs. in accordance with established safety procedures. Transports cargo to and from specified locations and assuring on-time deliveries to stores and vendor pickups. These associates must communicate delivery and pickup problems to dispatch, observe Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMCSA), and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations to maintain compliance.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); must have a valid Commercial Driver License; a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate; 3-5 years driving experience; maintain three (3) years clean driving record and have a hazardous materials endorsement and a doubles endorsement. Must be flexible.
Must have current DMV printout with completed application.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Proven ability to operate multi-axled tractor and trailer equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Drives tractors and trailers up to 11 hours per shift to destination(s) and remain on duty for up to 14 hours per shift. Must be able to layover (overnight travel) due to DOT hours or business needs.
- Prepares and maintains necessary documentation for store and vendor delivery pickup.
- Maintains hours of service logs via onboard computers systems or paper logs when applicable, according to State and Federal regulations. Observes all FMCSA , DOT regulations to maintain compliance.
- Conducts inspections on tractor and trailer equipment to ensure road worthiness. Notifies supervisor of current or anticipated repair needs.
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with supervisor or dispatcher to receive delivery/pick-up instructions and/or work assignments.
- Loads, secures and unloads cargo by operating material handling equipment/powered equipment.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment and uniforms required by the position.
- Must be able to work overtime at times when there is a business need.
- Cleans and maintains work areas.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Must have and maintain a valid Commercial Driver License with three (3) years clean driving record.
- Hazardous materials endorsement.
- Doubles/Triples endorsement.
Fax Number: (888) 881 1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application