Full-Time Produce Lead Associate
District 11 (cc924 Chino Hills)
September 8, 2017
This position reports to the Store Manager and is responsible for the consistent and timely implementation of company produce sales and merchandising programs, and the maintenance of high standards of freshness/quality and cleanliness, during all hours of operation including weekends. They will work closely with the store management team, particularly the Perishables Manager, to insure that the produce department is properly staffed and trained. Performance will be measured through financial reports including sales, gross margin, shrink control, and maintenance of standards.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least three years related store operations experience including two or more years as an associate with primary produce department responsibility. Experience with merchandising a produce department wet rack is highly desirable. Successful completion of the S&F Produce/Perishables classes is also required. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Properly presents the produce assortment and makes adjustments as necessary due to size, display capabilities and product mix.
- Provides hands-on training for associates assigned to the perishable section in areas such as; product display techniques, production rotation, use of off-shelf displays and order quantities.
- Assess the quality of incoming product and follows up with Perishables Manager and/or regional Perishables Specialist if quality does not meet Company standards.
- Assesses the condition of in-store displays/fixtures and if not up to company standard, follow up with Perishable Manager and/or regional Perishable Specialist to get appropriate displays/fixtures.
- Sets up the produce section and ensures adherence with Company perishable merchandise programs.
- Places appropriate store produce order quantities based upon the company marketing plan, seasonality, customer mix, and historical store performance.
- Strong communication skill, both written and verbal
- Basic PC skills, Outlook
- Ability to move/lift 60 pounds
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Deadline: Friday, September 15, 2017
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.