Full-Time Driver Coordinator
Supply Chain/Transportation (Commerce D.C.)
August 31, 2017
This position reports to the Transportation Operations Manager and Supervisor, and is responsible for coordinating store deliveries, and vendor pickups and dispatches carriers on shift from Distribution Center to stores, shipments between divisions and vendor freight to Distribution Center within budget.
Applicants must have a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); One to three years related experience and a working knowledge of State/Federal Department of Transportation rules and regulations is desirable. Must be flexible to work various shifts. Grocery experience a plus. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
· Planning, organizing and directing deliveries from the Distribution Center to the stores through effective scheduling and coordinating special delivery needs of other departments.
· Coordinates Carriers and equipment to provide timely and cost effective deliveries to the stores and from vendors to distribution center.
· Considers budget, company policies, store location, volume, equipment availability, traffic patterns and local noise ordinances when scheduling.
· Track and Monitor on time deliveries to the stores and communicate any delays.
· Assists in special routings (set-ups etc) to insure a cost efficient and expedient delivery.
· Provides reports as requested.
· Dispatches Carriers within company guidelines.
· Participates in special projects, cost evaluations and recommendations as assigned.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
· Must have general PC knowledge, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word.
· Logistics, Routing Software experience a plus.
· Must work independently with demonstrated knowledge of Smart & Final dispatch and distribution operations desirable.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application