District Loss Prevention Manager
Loss Prevention (Los Angeles County)
August 31, 2017
This position reports to the Regional Loss Prevention Manager and is responsible for the management and maintenance of company loss prevention programs and initiatives. Provides consultation and training to store associates and operations management. Conducts internal and external investigations. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED), Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college/university preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience). Minimum 3 years retail loss prevention experience with multi-unit responsibilities. Interview/Interrogation training and practical skills (Wicklander- Zulawski preferred). Must possess valid drivers’ license and excellent driving record. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- The management and maintenance of the Loss Prevention programs and initiatives.
- Develop strong, customer focused relationships with Operations and Human Resources.
- Work with district and store management to identify priorities and develop appropriate shrinkage reduction strategies.
- Provide training/coaching to store associates on matters related to loss prevention, physical security, operational shrink and safety related topics.
- Schedule and conduct required loss prevention, operations and safety related audits.
- Inspect physical inventory preparation, execution and various research processes.
- Proactively monitor controls to identify possible dishonest activity – internal/external and conduct integrity or witness interviews.
- Utilize Point of Sale (POS) exception reporting (XBR) and Video Analytics (Stoplift) tool to identify fraud or behaviors leading to unintentional loss which result in coaching opportunities.
- Complete new store security alarm, video surveillance (CCTV) system reviews and provide appropriate system sign-offs for security vendors.
- Support special events and emergencies which may include providing or supplementing security converge or coordinating contract services.
- Provide 24hour response, 7 days a week, for any major incidents, and Loss Prevention problems in assigned district(s).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Excel (spreadsheet) and MS-Word.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail.
- Occasional travel required.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application