Credit Accounts Receivable Specialist - Commerce, CA
September 7, 2017
This position reports to the Credit Manager and assists Credit Manager with data analysis and reporting, complex customer account reconciliation and research, as well as various special projects. Provides accounting reconciliation and researches support for the Credit Manager. Additionally, duties such as coding checks, researching disputes and providing customer service (checking voice messages and returning calls from general mail box) will be regular responsibilities of the position.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or High School Diploma and three to four years related experience and/or training. Prior experience in Accounts Receivable in a high volume accounting department and experience with direct customer contact is required. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile complex customer accounts and communicate resolutions with customers.
- Assist Manager with coordinating reconciliation between general ledger and accounts receivable sub-ledger.
- Provide data manipulation, analytical and reporting support of credit related databases and processes.
Accounts Receivable Skills
- Open and code high volume of checks
- Research disputed invoices from various school districts, small businesses and other complex customers.
- Check voice messages and return calls from customers directed to department voicemail and department email address.
- Research payment misapplications
- Make collection calls for past due accounts over 90 days
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Strong personal computer skills including the ability to use MS Office programs Excel and Word is required, as well as, the ability to apply these skills to essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Excellent PC skills particularly with MS Excel functions including some experience with data manipulation and analysis.
- Must have prior experience working with financial reporting applications, and experience with Lawson is preferred.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application