BBQ Sauce Secrets
Want to use up that last bit of First Street Barbecue Sauce in the bottle or take a meal from ordinary to extraordinary? Try these 10 ingenious uses for Barbecue Sauce that will make your dishes come alive with flavor!
1. Tantalize your tastebuds in the morning…Drizzle Barbecue Sauce on your eggs for a sweet and tangy topper.
2. Make BBQ Potato Salad. Add 1/4 cup barbecue sauce to your favorite recipe, or mix the last couple of tablespoons of BBQ Sauce from the bottle into Smart & Final Potato Salad for a tangy twist.
3. Slather grilled summer corn with Barbecue Sauce and sprinkle with crumbled Cotija cheese…so good!
4. Set out Barbecue Sauce in place of cocktail sauce the next time you serve chilled shrimp.
5. Fill your slow cooker with meatballs and let them swim in Barbecue Sauce! Add Dijon mustard for a kick or honey for a sweet glaze!
6. Barbecue Sauce and mayonnaise combine to make a delicious sandwich spread for turkey or roast beef.
7. Top a baked potato with shredded cheddar, sour cream, a splash of Barbecue Sauce and chopped green onions and you have a BBQ Baked Potato.
8. Substitute the tomato sauce on your next pizza with Barbecue Sauce, then top with shredded cheese, crumbled cooked sausage, sautéed mushrooms or grilled veggies for a twist on the usual.
9. Make a quick Foil Packet Dinner; place a boneless, skinless chicken breast on a large sheet of foil and surround it with sliced zucchini, yellow squash and thinly sliced red onion. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and pour 1/4 cup of Barbecue Sauce over the top. Seal the foil to form a packet and bake or grill until the chicken is cooked through.
10. Combine Barbecue Sauce and your favorite creamy salad dressing (i.e.: Ranch) for a salad explosion.