Accounts Payable & Rebates - Commerce, CA
April 20, 2017
This position reports to the Manager, Accounts Payable (AP) and Rebates. This position covers responsibilities in both the Rebates and AP Expense departments as needed through each period. Responsibilities include rebate issue resolution, preparation of period end account reconciliations, and analysis of actuals versus budget. Provides assistance to the Sales & Merchandising department and vendors regarding rebate deals and payments. Provides support to the corporate expense payable accounting function via invoice processing, matching invoices from MHC invoice imaging system to the Lawson accounting system. Key responsibilities also include recording journal entries during period close, preparing and analyzing accruals, and direct expense review.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires strong accounting reconciliation skills. Strong PC skills and the ability to utilize spreadsheets are preferred. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures deals entered into the Rebate system comply with appropriate GAAP accounting and are complete
- Works with IT, Sales & Merchandising and Vendors to resolve rebate issues
- Supports the period end close process, which may include the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, journal entry review, and/or variance analysis.
- Provides support and performs various tasks as needed by the other Rebate department associates
- Reviews invoices for proper authorization and account coding according to established company policy.
- Researches and corrects payment errors and posts them to proper general ledger account.
- Interacts with stores, vendors and other departments as needed to research problems and correct errors.
- Supports the period end close process, which may include the preparation of journal entries, research and analysis for the direct expense review, and other tasks.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Must have, at minimum, basic PC skills and ability to utilize Microsoft spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Ability to learn and understand a variety of other accounting system applications including Lawson, TM1, GOLD, MHC, and Rebates.
- Must have the ability to translate data to accounting entries.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.
Internal Applicant: Download Application