Part-Time Associates (Cashiers)
District 3 (cc526 San Rafael)
September 13, 2017
This position reports to the Store Manager and performs management-assigned duties, which may include but may not be limited to receiving inventory, stocking and maintaining a store section, operating a cash register, custom carry-out services and store cleaning.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least one year related store operations experience. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains a store section, as assigned. May order, receive and stock merchandise using proper equipment. Marks prices on merchandise, stocks shelves, endstacks, displays and deli/freezer cases. Sets up advertising/promotional displays. Reviews invoices/bills for accuracy
- Operates a cash register, receives cash from customers, makes change and processes check/charge transactions. Reviews price/order books, price changes, advertisement forms and direct vendor pricing information. Gives cash and/or credit refunds, when approved by management. Verifies customer eligibility when selling cigarettes and/or alcoholic beverages.
- Offers friendly, courteous assistance to customers by providing them with current store and product information. When requested, loads customer purchases into cartons and assists customers to their vehicles.
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties. Records lost/damaged goods and store supplies using appropriate ledger. Performs check out function at the end of each business day. Posts information on Direct Purchase Register and/or RMIA and collects data.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Strong communication skill, both written and verbal
- Basic PC skills, Outlook · Ability to move/lift 60 pounds
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Deadline: Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.