Full-Time Person in Charge (Bakery)
District 6 (cc935 Coronado)
August 29, 2017
This position reports to the Store Manager/Senior Assistant Manager and Performs management-assigned duties, which may include but are not limited to receiving inventory, stocking and maintaining a store section, operating a cash register, custom carry-out services and store cleaning. In addition, assists the store manager in the management of daily store operations in the absence of upper-Management, helps supervise associates in the performance of their assigned duties and performs basic administrative duties.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Baking/cake decorating experience preferred. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Bakery/Cake Decorating Duties:
- Decorates cakes for daily sales and special orders.
- Plans production of bakery products following production lists and make up procedures.
- Able to follow recipe guidelines and recipe measurements.
- Maintains pricing, date coding and product rotation by company guidelines.
- Handles spoiled or damaged product per established guidelines. Reduces spoilage of product.
- Wraps, bags, packages or slices products.
- Maintains thaw and serve program.
- Fills, merchandises shelves, bins, cases or display cases.
- Tastes and prepares product.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Follows workplace cleaning and sanitizing and safety procedures.
- Practices suggestive selling and has knowledge of products.
- Maintains department supplies and back-stock.
- Carries store keys to open and/or operate the front entry/exit doors, office, rollup door and register.
- Assists the store manager in the management of daily store operations in the absence of upper-Management.
- Helps supervise associates in the performance of their assigned duties.
- Maintains a store section, as assigned. May order, receive and stock merchandise using proper equipment. Marks prices on merchandise, stocks shelves, endstacks, displays and deli/freezer cases. Sets up advertising/promotional displays. Reviews invoices/bills for accuracy.
- Offers friendly, courteous assistance to customers by providing them with current store and product information. When requested, loads customer purchases and assists customers to their vehicles.
- Performs basic administrative duties. Records lost/damaged goods and store supplies using appropriate ledger.
Fax Number: (888) 881-1365
Deadline: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Internal candidates must be in their current position 6 months or longer and complete an Associate Job Opportunities Application form. This form may be obtained from Human Resources by calling (323) 869-7644. Submission of an application does not guarantee an interview.